MLS TOURNAMENT GENERATES STRONG SPONSORSHIP NUMBERS ON SOCIAL
- During the MLS is Back Tournament, which concluded Tuesday evening, the league, clubs and players generated $8.5 million in social media sponsorship value, according to data from social media measurement firm Hookit, analyzed by SBJ’s Mark J. Burns. More than half of the value generated (55%) occurred on Facebook compared to 23% on Twitter and 20% on Instagram.
- Over 5,400 posts featured an Adidas logo, totaling 84 million video views and 12 million engagements. As a result, the league sponsor received the most value ($2.5 million) of any company. Hookit evaluated 32 brands, including main kit sponsors and top league partners, from June 24 through Aug. 13.
- Other noteworthy data findings:
- Besides Adidas, other brands receiving the most value included Target ($2.1 million), Heineken ($1.5 million), Herbalife ($430,000) and Etihad Air ($330,000).
- Of any club, the Galaxy produced the most value for brands at more than $1 million. For comparison, the two teams in the MLS is Back finale — the Timbers and Orlando City — came in at No. 4 and No. 5.
Read the full article here: https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/SB-Blogs/SBJ-Unpacks/2020/08/13.aspx