I was introduced to motorcycles in 2007 and then I found the track in 2008 and the passion began. After one year of doing track days, I decided to pursue road racing in 2009. My 2009 debut was stellar, with finishes as the top first year novice in my first two races, even above a number of second year novices.
In my 2010 sophomore year, despite some financial changes with my career and mechanical issues (blown motor, electronics), I managed to attend and do well in a number of events. I obtained my first podium with a Second Place finish and consistently placed in the top 10 in every race I entered. In this past year (2011) I had three podiums overall and finished in the top three of my class! I would have finished second if I didn’t miss a weekend due to work, so this was a great accomplishment. More importantly, I didn’t crash and remained free from injury while getting a much better feel for my bike and for racing closely with the top competitors. I look forward to applying that knowledge and experience towards a successful 2012 race year and graduation into the expert class.
2013 Race Season Accomplishments
• Finished 2nd overall in Lightweight Superbike class, 1st year in the class.
• Had a number of podium finishes (met my goal),
• Served as Treasurer of the club to assist with our financial management
• Stayed healthy all season with no major crashes
• Had a blast experiencing and learning the ups and downs of road racing